Make it Mustard!
Admit it, you love the taste of mustard. You smother it on your brats and burgers and – mmmmm, there’s nothing quite like it.
But how much do you actually know about mustard?
How is it made?
Could you ever learn to make your own mustard?
You sure can!
Katrina Kozar, the highly-praised contestant on MasterChef Season 6, and Kathy Maersch of Barking Pony Studios will guide you through the mustard-making process step-by-step. This mustard duo will teach you how to make the condiment using some amazing and unique flavor combinations, such as Wisco Cran, Garlic Bomb, Ginger Sesame, Mr. Ed (a German horseradish) and Roasted Red Pepper. Mustard will launch your marinades, sandwiches, sausages and pretzels to a whole different world.
Class participants will begin by sampling an assortment of mustards, including homemade and store-bought varieties, to compare taste profiles and textures. The course includes a complimentary glass of wine or beer, fresh crudité and nibbles. As a student, you’ll make your own mustard and take home four of them.
Mustard will enhance your meals and impress your friends and family. Think about giving them to your foodie friends for the Holidays or someone who just loves mustard. Katrina will also have a select section of her homemade mustards for purchase available to participants only.
Beginners are welcome!
Monday, November 16. 7PM
Highlands Café 1413 N 60th Street Wauwatosa
- This 2-Hour class Starts at 7PM
- Sample an assortment of mustard varieties, to compare taste profiles and textures
- Learn how to make this diverse condiment using some amazing and unique flavor combinations
- Course includes a complimentary glass of wine or beer, fresh crudité and nibbles
- Participants will take home 4 mustards suitable for holiday gifting and 3 of Katrina’s recipes to use them.
- Class Size - 10
- Beginners welcome!
- Cost $65
Reserve your seat for my next Mustard Class!